Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Quick Introduction

In this blog I will be focusing on a public relations firm known as Burson-Marsteller. I will try to apply the information I learn from the textbook and in-class discussion to developing crisis communication strategies for Burson-Marsteller. For example, Professor Laskin explained that crisis can be caused by an outside or inside error (deliberate or not). Burson-Marsteller, for example, can potentially face a crisis from inside causes such as risks and problems from within the company leaking out through employees and management. Financial issues could also impact the company from within and could cause an internal crisis. In addition, there are also countless external crisis problems that could affect management and the company's image. Such problems could arise if a crisis were not to be dealt with quickly and efficiently. This course will be offering the tools necessary to handle a crisis as such.

Since this is my first official post, I will like to state that I encourage anyone to reply to any of my posts. I am looking forward to hearing what anyone has to say. Also, if anyone has a twitter account, you can follow me @TakeADoseOfBM . Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment